Over one yr after Adele’s break up from estranged husband Simon Konecki, the singer is now reportedly courting somebody from her hometown — Skepta! Right here’s what you must know in regards to the award-winning grime rapper.
Skepta and Adele are reportedly a scorching new merchandise! The 38-year-old rapper and 32-year-old “Ship My Love” songstress are courting, per Individuals. All through the previous couple of months, “issues have been heating up” between the 2, in response to the outlet’s supply. “They run in the identical circles in London, and she or he’s having enjoyable,” the supply went on. Adele and Skepta, who each hail from Tottenham, London, and are every mother and father to younger kids, have been buddies for years within the music trade.
The pair have been beforehand linked in October 2019, after a report from The Solar surfaced on September 30 of that yr. Adele break up from her husband, Simon Konecki, in April 2019. Throughout that point, Skepta was adjusting to fatherhood, having welcomed a child lady on the finish of 2018. The mom of his little one remains to be unknown to the general public. Study extra in regards to the rapper with the 5 information under!
1. He’s a U.Okay. grime rapper… Born in North London to 2 immigrant mother and father from Nigeria, Joseph Junior Adenuga grew up in Tottenham. After honing his rap chops in teams like Meridian Crew and Roll Deep, Skepta dropped his first solo mixtape, Joseph Junior Adenuga, in 2006. He dropped his debut album, Best Hits, in 2007. Since then, he’s put out a handful of mixtapes in addition to studio albums. His most up-to-date is 2016’s Konnichiwa, however he has launched a handful of singles since then.
2. …who occurs to be an award winning-musician. That Konnichiwa album? That file – which included the highest 40 singles “That’s Not Me,” “Shutdown,” and “Man” – was critically acclaimed. Apple Music named it the Finest Album of 2016, whereas NME, The Impartial, The Guardian, Mojo and Pitchfork all gave it excessive reward. The file reportedly helped give grime music a much-needed increase, and it in the end received the 2016 Mercury Music Prize, beating out David Bowie, Radiohead and Kano.
3. His siblings have gone on to work within the music trade. Music is the brand new household enterprise for Skepta and his kin. His sister, Julie Adenuga, is a radio host on Apple’s Beats 1. His brother, Jason, is a fledgling producer, in response to The Solar, and his older brother, Jamie, is best often called JME, a fellow grime rapper (and fellow Roll Deep member.)
4. He and Naomi have been romantically linked in 2016. Romance rumors between these two began on the British Trend Awards in Nov. 2016. “She was like a bullet,” he stated to GQ. “She was simply going and going and going, and everybody has to, like, catch up.” The two have been noticed collectively on the V05 NME Awards in Feb. 2017, per Bustle. He spoke publicly about Naomi throughout a June 2017 Vogue interview about his debut clothes line, saying she was his “favorite cowl lady.” The two appeared on the duvet of GQ’s March 2018 concern, and virtually confirmed they have been courting (with out explicitly confirming it.)
5. He’s a Nigerian chief. In April 2018, Skepta was awarded an honorary Chieftaincy Title in his household’s hometown of Ijebu Ode, Ogun state. Skepta, who’s of each Yoruba and Igbo ethnicity, was proud to symbolize his heritage. Naomi, who was in that a part of the world with him, tweeted an image alongside along with her congratulations to her boo.