It’s a giant evening for Kevin Love on the EPSYS on June 21! The NBA star can be honored with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award, and he’s a finalist for the Muhammad Ali Sports activities Humanitarian Award. Study extra about him, right here!
The 2020 ESPY Awards are tonight and Kevin Love is a reputation you’re going to listen to very often. The NBA energy ahead, 31, can be honored for his extremely impactful work off the court docket, which incorporates his openness and advocation about psychological well being. Right here’s 5 fast information about Kevin, who’s up for a number of awards when the ESPYS airs on ESPN, June 21 at 9 p.m. ET.
1. On the court docket. — Kevin Love is a 6-foot-10 energy ahead/middle for the Nationwide Basketball Affiliation. He at present performs for the Cleveland Cavaliers and received an NBA championship with the staff, alongside his good pal LeBron James in 2016. He’s a five-time NBA All-Star and received gold with the USA nationwide staff on the 2010 FIBA World Championship and the 2012 Summer season Olympics. He’s the son of former NBA participant Stan Love. Kevin performed one season of school basketball with the UCLA Bruins and led the staff to a Remaining 4 look within the 2008 NCAA Match. He was chosen fifth total within the 2008 NBA Draft by the Memphis Grizzlies, and was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves on draft evening for the third total choice.
2. Off the court docket. — In 2018, Kevin penned a candid, private essay a few panic assault he skilled throughout an NBA recreation the 12 months prior. From that day on, he’s been a spokesperson for psychological well being and wellness. Kevin is without doubt one of the first athletes to talk out about his struggles with psychological well being. Kevin continues to encourage others to share their tales and consistently works to assist shift the stigmas round psychological well being points. He created The Kevin Love Basis to assist prioritize psychological well being.
3. He based The Kevin Love Fund. — Along side his battle to prioritize psychological well being, Kevin created the fund to encourage individuals to dwell their healthiest lives — whereas offering the instruments to attain bodily and emotional well-being. Kevin speaks at conferences and different occasions. In the course of the coronavirus pandemic, he supplied recommendation and counsel on coping.
(Photograph credit score: REX/Shutterstock)
4. Kevin is an animal lover and activist. — He has a canine named Sacristy together with his girlfriend, Sports activities Illustrated mannequin, Kate Bock. They usually share movies with their pup, who’s all the time up for an journey, similar to her dad and mom. The pair likes to journey the world and discover completely different locations, cultures and delicacies.
5. He has his personal assortment with Banana Republic. — Kevin made his debut as a clothier in 2018 when he launched his first assortment of menswear, BR/Ok.LOVE-18 with the model. Earlier than that, Kevin had been modeling for the retailer since Spring 2016.