April 23 (UPI) — Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa had been the primary quarterbacks chosen in Thursday’s 2020 NFL Draft. Burrow — the No. 1 total pick — will play for the Cincinnati Bengals. The Miami Dolphins picked Tagovailoa at No. 5.
“To leap to the No. 1 total pick is loopy,” Burrow stated. “It is a dream come true.”
Ohio State teammates Chase Younger and Jeff Okudah went with the No. 2 and No. Three total picks, respectively. Younger will play for the Washington Redskins, whereas Okudah is headed to the Detroit Lions.
“It is time to go to work and get again on my horse. It is go time now,” Younger stated.
Georgia offensive deal with Andrew Thomas was the No. Four total pick. Thomas is headed to the New York Giants. Former Oregon star Justin Herbert was drafted instantly after Tagovailoa. Herbert will swimsuit up for the Los Angeles Chargers.
“This has been my complete household’s dream,” Tagovailoa stated of being drafted. “I am blessed to say that I carry all of them right here with me.”
The Carolina Panthers took Auburn defensive deal with Derrick Brown with the No. 7 total pick. The Arizona Cardinals picked Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons at No. Eight total.
Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson went to the Jacksonville Jaguars with the No. 9 pick. The Cleveland Browns rounded out the top-10 picks with Alabama offensive deal with Jedrick Wills.
The highest faculty prospects sat with their households whereas at residence in the course of the unprecedented virtual draft. The annual public participant choice course of initially had been deliberate for Las Vegas, however was canceled as a result of coronavirus pandemic.
The Raiders made their first-ever draft choice because the Las Vegas Raiders at No. 12 once they selected Alabama extensive receiver Henry Ruggs III.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and San Francisco 49ers made the primary commerce of the draft. Tampa Bay chosen Iowa offensive deal with Tristan Wirfs with the No. 13 pick. The 49ers took South Carolina defensive deal with Javon Kinlaw with the subsequent pick.
The New England Patriots additionally made a commerce in the primary spherical. The Chargers acquired the Patriots’ No. 23 total pick in the swap and chosen Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray.
The New Orleans Saints now are on the clock with pick No. 24.
2020 NFL Draft outcomes
1. Cincinnati Bengals: LSU quarterback Joe Burrow
2. Washington Redskins: Ohio State defensive finish Chase Younger
3. Detroit Lions: Ohio State defensive again Jeffrey Okudah
4. New York Giants: Georgia offensive deal with Andrew Thomas
5. Miami Dolphins: Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa
6. Los Angeles Chargers: Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert
7. Carolina Panthers: Auburn defensive deal with Derrick Brown
8. Arizona Cardinals: Clemson linebacker Isaiah Simmons
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson
10. Cleveland Browns: Alabama offensive deal with Jedrick Wills
11. New York Jets: Louisville offensive deal with Mekhi Becton
12. Las Vegas Raiders: Alabama extensive receiver Henry Ruggs III
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (traded from San Francisco 49ers): Iowa offensive deal with Tristan Wirfs
14. San Francisco 49ers (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers): South Carolina defensive deal with Javon Kinlaw
15. Denver Broncos: Alabama extensive receiver Jerry Jeudy
16. Atlanta Falcons: Clemson cornerback A.J. Terrell
17. Dallas Cowboys: Oklahoma extensive receiver CeeDee Lamb
18. Miami Dolphins: USC offensive deal with Austin Jackson
19. Las Vegas Raiders: Ohio State cornerback Damon Arnette
20. Jacksonville Jaguars: LSU edge Okay’Lavon Chaisson
21. Philadelphia Eagles: TCU extensive receiver Jalen Reagor
22. Minnesota Vikings: LSU extensive receiver Justin Jefferson
23. Los Angeles Chargers (commerce from New England Patriots): Oklahoma linebacker Kenneth Murray
24. New Orleans Saints
25. Minnesota Vikings
26. Miami Dolphins
27. Seattle Seahawks
28. Baltimore Ravens
29. Tennessee Titans
30. Inexperienced Bay Packers
31. San Francisco 49ers
32. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs