April 24 (UPI) — At some point faraway from including star quarterback Joe Burrow with the No. 1 general pick, the Cincinnati Bengals chosen ex-Clemson receiver Tee Higgins with the primary pick in the second spherical of the digital 2020 NFL Draft on Friday.
Burrow, who gained the Heisman Trophy and a nationwide title at LSU final season, confronted off in opposition to Higgins and Clemson in the Faculty Soccer Playoff championship recreation. Now, the duo will head to Cincinnati and be a part of an offense that already consists of Professional Bowl wideout A.J. Inexperienced and working again Joe Mixon.
The Indianapolis Colts picked USC wideout Michael Pittman Jr., the son of former Tampa Bay Buccaneers working again Michael Pittman Sr., with the second pick in Round 2.
The Detroit Lions selected Georgia star working again D’Andre Swift with the No. 35 general pick in the draft. The New York Giants took Alabama defensive again Xavier McKinney at No. 36 general.
The New England Patriots, making their first choice in this yr’s draft after buying and selling away their first-round selection Thursday, picked Lenoir-Rhyne College defensive again Kyle Dugger with the fifth pick in the second spherical. Dugger is the primary Division II defensive again to be chosen in the primary three rounds since Danieal Manning in 2006.
The Carolina Panthers chosen Penn State defensive lineman Yetur Gross-Matos with the sixth pick of the second spherical. The Miami Dolphins added one other offensive lineman to guard new franchise quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, choosing Louisiana guard Robert Hunt at No. 39.
TCU defensive deal with Ross Blacklock went to the Houston Texans with the 40th general pick. The Cleveland Browns traded the No. 41 pick to the Colts, who chosen Wisconsin tailback Jonathan Taylor.
With the 53rd pick in the draft, the Eagles chosen former Alabama and Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts. Former Iowa defensive lineman A.J. Epensea went to the Buffalo Payments at No. 54.
Very like the primary spherical of the draft, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell introduced picks from his house whereas the highest prospects sat with their households and buddies in their homes. The annual public participant choice course of initially was deliberate to happen in Las Vegas however was moved to a digital format as a result of coronavirus pandemic.
2020 NFL Draft Round 2 outcomes:
33. Cincinnati Bengals: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
34. Indianapolis Colts: Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC
35. Detroit Lions: D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
36. New York Giants: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
37. New England Patriots (from Los Angeles Chargers): Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne
38. Carolina Panthers: Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
39. Miami Dolphins: Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana
40. Houston Texans: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
41. Indianapolis Colts (from Cleveland Browns): Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
42. Jacksonville Jaguars: Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado
43. Chicago Bears: Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
44. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts): Grant Delpit, S, LSU
45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota
46. Denver Broncos: Ok.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State
47. Atlanta Falcons: Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn
48. Seattle Seahawks: Darrell Taylor, DE, Tennessee
49. Pittsburgh Steelers: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
50. Chicago Bears: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
51. Dallas Cowboys: Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
52. Los Angeles Rams: Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
53. Philadelphia Eagles: Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma
54. Buffalo Payments: A.J. Epenesa, DL, Iowa
55. Baltimore Ravens: J.Ok. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
56. Miami Dolphins: Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
57. Los Angeles Rams:
58. Minnesota Vikings:
59. New York Jets:
60. Baltimore Ravens:
61. Tennessee Titans:
62. Inexperienced Bay Packers:
63. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs:
64. Seattle Seahawks: